"Am I dead?" was the first thing that I said when I got back my conscious. Suddenly a mysterious black objects appear in the background. I put on my glasses to get a better look at the people and where the heck am I. Quickly everything became clear. The mysterious dark figure that approach were my mom, my dad, my friend Aidan, ... Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Sri Kodali, and Tyler Stanczak! My brain after seeing the players got a blast from the past.
It was a nice summer day in New York, NY. I looked out the window an see a crowd near one entrance so I get dressed to see what is going on. All of a sudden I huge poster flies into my face and I realizes why practically everyone is here. It was a doubles match between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal vs. Sri Kodali and Tyler Stanczak. In fairly large print on the bottom of the paper was the main reason everyone was here because it was a raffle for two front row seats to the game. So I go to the counter to get my raffle ticket and the number was 041796.
A judge came up to a bright yellow podium to greet the audience, and after some five minutes about the greatness of the match he began the raffle. He said, "This raffle is like no other. You must have the birthday of one of the stars in the match in order to win. We did make sure only one person got it."
Someone right in front of the podium said, "I think I got it the birthday of Sri Kodali. " She went up to the stage gave the judge the ticket .
He replied, "Her number is ...4...17…96."
I realized that was my number the same so I said, "I have the same number!"
"Come up to the podium so I can check if you are right." replied the judge. I go to the judge with sweat seeping into my cap very fast. He check my number and said to the whole audience, "There seem to be a tie between these to people therefore to decide who is the winner they will do a simple game of Rock, Paper, Scissors."
"Oh my god..." goes most the crowd, "… that is such a simple game." I go into my position and put out my hand. So does the opponent who I still don't know is. I think in my head that most likely she will do rock, so I shall do paper. Well, that did not work out to well because I lost the first round. In the second round I won using scissors. The final round came and both of us were as nervous as a president giving his first speech to the public. I choose paper the one I never one with but I had a very strong gut feeling that I would win with it. We go down in unison to pick our choice and she picks … rock, which means I won!!! The crowd goes in a uproar, and the first thing I think of is that I should call Aidan to the exhibition match.
I called up Aidan and he replied in a weird voice, "Hellllllllllllo, Aidan
speaking."
I replied, "Yo this is Bailey."
"Hey Bails."
"Hey."
"Guess what."
"What?"
"I won a lottery to a best game in the world."
"Men's Hockey final in the Olympics."
"Even Better."
"What can beat that."
"Front row seat…"
"TO WHAT!"
"The 1-set exhibition match between Rodger Federer and Rafael Nadal, who
will our old best friends Srinand Kodali aka Slinnerd, and Tyler Stanczak
aka T-bone."
"You got to be kidding me."
"I am not. I bought a lottery ticket. Played rock, paper scissors against
this one girl."
"Who is this girl."
"The more I think about that might be that one girl who beat me in the
previous lottery for second row tickets for the game."
"You mean …"
"Yes, it is Leah."
"The one who you use to fight with in Honors Geometry in Middle School."
"Yep."
"Well I hope there are not behind us or else I am going to kill them."
"Now there Aidan don't go to far."
"Fine."
"I spill ice cold Coke on her."
"That is cruel plan old cruel."
"I know, I know."
"Well anyway come to my house immediately."
"See you in about one hour."
"Bye."
"See ye."
We go to our seat and sat down. Suddenly a person comes up to us a
congratulated us, since we won the lottery. The he went away. Two other
people came walking in and the first thing that come to my mind is Leah. She
silently came down the isle with her boyfriend Matt. We didn't speak to
them, and they didn't speak with us. The Arena was full in minutes. Then the
players came out. First Rodger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The crowd roared
for them. But, When Tyler and Sri came out the only was making most of the
noise was Aidan, Me, Leah, and Matt. Everyone stared at us but we are proud
to support our best friends. They start up warming up a bit and then the
true action starts.
Sri starts out to serve. He bounces it 5 times back and forth between his
legs. He tosses the ball up and goes into the back-scratcher. He waits for
the perfect moments and hits a hard slice. The ball zooms past Nadal for a
clean ace. This happened for a second time for another point. The score is
30-luv. Sri does the same ritual but it does not have enough speed and Nadal
hits it right at Tyler. Tyler steps in and hits a nice volley toward Roger,
but Rodger hits the ball as hard as he can for a Line Drive. The ball is
out. The score is set at 40-luv, and a sweat come down Rodger cheek he wipes
it out and get ready to return the serve. Sri does once again the same
ritual and hits a ace right on the T that goes at a whooping 150 mph. A
little less than the world record. The set stands 1-0. with Rodger up to
serve. The quickly get a drink. While I go and get some snacks. I slowly
come back down with two cokes, popcorn, and my favorite jalapeƱo nachos. I
slowly come down and just before a I get to my seat Matt trips me a I fall
face first onto the court. I went unconscious.
That was pretty much why I was in a hospital with Rafael Nadal, Roger
Federer, Tyler Stanczak, and Sri Kodali. The doctor comes up to me and tell
me what is wrong with me.
He said, "You broke your wrist, and both your legs during that dramatic
fall. Otherwise you are fine."
I said, "Thank god I am not dead."
Rodger came up to me I said, "All of us tennis player decide, that you and
you friend Aidan can sit on the court this time with us."
I replied, "Are you sure I am not dead."
"Yes I am."
I screamed my loudest "Fantastic I will get a wheelchair and watch the
match of my lifetime!"
THE END
you had good puncaution with the people talking in the story, and I barly saw any errors. But honestley I did not get what was happening in the story.
ReplyDeleteI like what you did with the narrator's perspective; the outside point-of-view gave the story extra appeal. Of course, your allusions to people from middle school were quite amusing.
ReplyDeleteWell done!