Monday, February 27, 2012

German Diary Entry

Author’s Note: We are suppose to write a diary entry about what a German soldier working in a trench would write. I will use more basic language for this entry because most soldiers in those times weren’t very smart when it came to writing.

Diary Entry Number One

Life out here is not easy. They used propaganda to bring me into this living hell. How stupid am I to think that this would a walk in the beach. No. Everyday same routine, kill and rest. The commander yells shoot we shoot. The commander says do whatever we want we do whatever we want. If I were commander of this dump I would just let the soldier do whatever they want when it comes to killing the enemy. Whenever they want to shoot, or bomb the enemy they will because they now their lives are at risk. Break time would essentially be free time. The only rule was where they could go. Anyways, I was thinking that if I were to die, I hope I would have a nice and easy death. Rather be shot then tortured. Anyways probably should get some sleep cause rumors say there’s going to be a lot of action tomorrow. Let’s hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment